The process has 5 optional phases. You can choose to go through one, some or all of these phases, depending on your requirements.
You need to drill down a bit to fully understand where you would like your career to go. Illume provides a suite of tests, questionnaires and self-appraisal exercises to help you address your:
- Transferable Skills (what am I good at ?)
- Interests (what am I motivated to do ?)
- Values (what is most important to me ?)
- Personality (what work roles and environments would suit me ?)
- Career Drivers (what are my key career needs ?)
- ‘Past Positives’ (what activities & environments enable me to thrive and be at my best ?)
- Further exercises will enable you to clarify these results, leading to the creation of a ‘Job Template’ which summarises the key elements you must have in your work life.
You are now ready to start the second phase, where you explore ideas and opportunities.